How Life Comes Today – A series of some of my more obsessive
traits and observations.
Luck Rules Everything Around Me -
I hate when I let hope creep up and take over me, I simply
have to stop doing this. You would think
that genuine and well intentioned hope was something to foster, to want to be
in effect and encouraged, but for me it’s not like that and it seems the things
I hope most for never transpire. I
simply hope too much.
Maybe I hope for the wrong things. Instead of hoping that I get a raise that I
have been working for, or that a beautiful lady might be interested in me, or
maybe that everything wrong will be okay for a loved one. I should instead hope
for more realistic things. Start low,
keep it simple, and not hope for anything too grand. I could start by hoping in things I know to
have a relative high success chance. A developing
strategy for hedging hope. Therefor I
will now hope that my dog will be in the yard each day, that I don’t run out of
toothpaste in the morning, and that my car will start each morning that I turn
the key. Maybe once I have some reserved
success in hope that I can then hope for bigger and better things. From there I can hope that there is beer in
the fridge or that a roommate did their chores without anyone asking; you know,
start hoping for things that are dependent on another, slowly. In this way I will simply investing in things
I know with relative ease, the predictable, and slowly transfer to the more
difficult. Careful to hope if the
complexity is too large and to be reasonable with hoping when it’s with another
and to most certainly not to remain so invested with my hope.
Hope is like currency right?
To be collected and spent carefully for when you really need it? No wonder Hopes twin brother is Luck. They look exactly the same to this poor hopeless
beggar and doomed romantic. You really
can’t have hope without luck, in fact I think when one hopes it’s just an
incantation that invites luck. Usually the
things that I hope for require a lot of luck, apparently, and I spent all my
luck on something long ago. I never
thought I asked for anything so grand or un-achievable.
Alas, not today, and probably not tomorrow.
But just maybe Le Bon Temps Viendra.
Some people though, they are just chalk full of hope and luck. They spend it without even knowing they have got
it and that they seem to have inexhaustible lumps of it. They take it for granted like all people with
wealth that didn’t have to earn it. A
black card with no limit, and although the interest is high, they never have a
problem paying it off. Everything seems
to works in their favor, especially the things that shouldn't. They have no reason for hope because luck is
already there, they already have what they need.


No comments:
Post a Comment